Jony Eko Yulianto
Jony Eko Yulianto, S.Psi., M.A., Ph.D.
Dr Jony E. Yulianto is an Assistant Professor of Social Psychology at Universitas Ciputra Surabaya in Indonesia where he teaches subjects such as Social Psychology and Qualitative Research Methodology. He earned his PhD in Social Psychology from Massey University, Auckland, New Zealand as a Massey University Doctoral Scholarship recipient. His research is interdisciplinary in nature, focusing on various everyday relational experiences. Some of his writings on this topic can be found in the Journal of Community and Applied Social Psychology, the International Journal of Intercultural Relations, and the Journal of Material Culture. Jony’s research and supervision are in Social Psychology, looking at everyday relational experiences within the context of culturally diverse countries such as Indonesia. He is particularly interested in exploring the psychological issues in relation to the social, cultural and political context within which people conduct their everyday lives. As a whole, Jony seeks to contribute to developing Social Psychology that is more relevant to tackle urgent social issues of today.
- Inter-ethnic Marriages
- Community Research
International Journal indexed by Scopus/WoS
- Money, memory objects and material practices in the everyday conduct of inter-ethnic marriages in Indonesia. Journal of Material Culture (2022)
- Navigating tensions in inter-ethnic marriages in Indonesia: Cultural, relational, spatial and material considerations. International Journal of Intercultural Relations (2022)
- Star intrapreneurs:characteristics of Indonesian corporate entrepreneurs. Heliyon (2022)
- How Consumer Ethnocentrism Can Predict Consumer Preferences. Polish Psychological Bulletin (2018)
- Social media response after an attack: Perspectives from the jakarta bombings. Learning From Violent Extremist Attacks: Behavioural Sciences Insights For Practitioners And Policymakers (2018)